Rap star The Game has been cleared to enter into Australia for an upcoming concert, but a delay in processing controversial R&B singer Akon’s visa has postponed the concert until next month. The five-date Roc Tha Block concert was scheduled to kick off on August 7, but the event has been postponed until August 29, due to the delay in processing Akon’s visa.
The concert will now kick-off August 29 at the Vodafone Arena in Melbourne, before winding down in Auckland, New Zealand on September 1.
While Naughty By Nature will still appear on the bill with The Game, the delay in processing Akon’s application caused schedule conflicts for Mims and Juelz Santana, who have been replaced by Miami rapper Pitbull and R&B singer Sisqo.
Akon remained confident he will be approved to make an appearance in the country and welcomed the opportunity to connect with his Australian fans.
This is one of the biggest tours Ive been on and based on what Ive been told, Aussie fans love their live music, so were looking forward to showing them a great time, Akon said.
The change of dates has been a blessing in disguise for me because I had been hearing so much about the tour and was really wanting to be apart of it, now I am able to bring the Latino energy to the shows,” Pitbull added.
The Game will make a number of in-store appearances in the country and he is also slated to attend Sydney’s Urban Music Awards as a guest presenter.
If you look at the line-up you have some real pioneers in urban music and culture on the one stage, The Game said. Naughty by Nature helped create opportunities for acts like Akon and myself so being on tour with them is a real pleasure, I cant wait to get to Australia and New Zealand and start the shows.
Tour promoter Dwayne Cross said that any fans effected by the rescheduled tour dates are being offered full refunds.
“Akon is the hottest music act in the world at the moment and The Game is right up there as well so it should be one of the highlights of the music year in Australia, said Roc Tha Block organizer Dwayne Cross, who has been promoting concerts for over a decade. If youve already bought tickets to any of the shows in Auckland, Sydney, Melbourne or Adelaide, present them at the concert on the new date and youll be looked after.
The new tour dates are as follows:
August 29 – Vodafone Arena, Melbourne;August 30 – Adelaide Entertainment Centre, Adelaide;August 31 – Sydney Entertainment Centre, Sydney;September 1 – Vector Arena, Auckland.