When DMX dropped Flesh of My Flesh, Blood Of My Blood it was his second album in less than a year and X was as hot as any rapper had ever been. From the dogs to his bark to his ability flip his words and reach the streets, everyone wanted to be a Rough Rider on the bikes and ATVs.
It was just before Christmas in the Winter of 1998 and DMX had shipped over 670,000 copies of this project in the first week, though the album would eventually go 3x platinum.
At this point in time whether worth or not, the Tupac comparisons swirled around the entertainment industry as Pac had only been away from the game for a few years at this point in time.
Some say that they have an album that you can listen to from beginning to end, but this was 100% an album that you could listen to the whole way through. It took you to New York no matter where you lived in the globe.
We would be derelict to even discuss this project with out talking about the impact of Swizz Beatz on this project. If you look at the tracklisting below you can tell that Swizz was out of his mind on the beats at this point of career. Additional production from P. Killer Trackz, a young Irv Gotti, Dame Grease and DJ Shok rounded out production on this CLASSIC.
Features on the project include Jay-Z, The Lox, Mary J Blige, Marilyn Manson, Drag On.
1. “My Niggas” (Prod by Swizz Beatz)
2. “Bring Your Whole Crew” (featuring P. Killer Trackz) (Prod by P. Killer Trackz)
3. “Pac Man”
4. “Ain’t No Way” (Prod by Swizz Beatz)
5. “We Don’t Give a Fuck” (featuring Jadakiss & Styles P) (Prod Irv Gotti, Rebel)
6. “Keep Your Shit the Hardest” (Prod by Swizz Beatz)
7. “Coming From” (featuring Mary J. Blige) (Prod by P. Killer Trackz)
8. “It’s All Good” (Prod by Swizz Beatz)
9. “The Omen (Damien II)” (featuring Marilyn Manson) (Prod By Swizz Beatz)
10. “Slippin'” (Prod by DJ Shok)
11. “No Love 4 Me” (featuring Drag-On & Swizz Beatz) (Prod By Swizz Beatz)
12. “Dogs for Life” (Prod by Dame Grease)
13. “Blackout” (featuring Jay-Z & The Lox) (Prod By Swizz Beatz)
14. “Flesh of My Flesh, Blood of My Blood” (Prod By Swizz Beatz)
15. “Heat” (Prod By Swizz Beatz)
16. “Ready to Meet Him” (Prod By Swizz Beatz)