unit where Lil’ Kim and other women prisoners are being housed is on lock-down,
after a visitor attempted to smuggle in a cell phone.
Over half of the
female population in the Federal Detention Center has been on lock-down since
refused to comment on the case, but sources said they were investigating a rumor
that a phone had been snuck in for Lil’ Kim, or that the phone was intended
for her use.
Lil’ Kim’s lawyer
James J. Leonard Jr. denied claims that the Brooklyn rapper was involved in
that Kim was using a cell phone or had someone sneak a cell phone into the prison
for her are completely untrue," Leonard told AllHipHop.com. "While
her unit is on lock-down and has been since April 21, the reason for the lockdown
has nothing to do with Kim."
Leonard also said
that Kim received the standard 300 phone minutes per month like every other
prisoner and that she has been a model inmate.
In addition to
being locked down, Lil’ Kim and other inmates also had their visitor privileges
revoked for an undetermined amount of time.