Tracy Morgan Escapes Apartment Fire

Tracy Morgan’s apartment nearly went up in flames on Wednesday (February 18) due to a defective light in the comedian’s large fish tank.

 

Morgan was at his luxury, Upper West Side New York apartment when the fish tank’s electrical outlet began sparking shortly after 8:30AM yesterday.

 

Luckily, the fire’s growth was stifled by the property’s sprinkler unit, which activated soon after the blaze ignited.

 

Even with the sprinklers, New York firefighters battled the fire for over 30 minutes before getting the potential deadly situation under control.

 

Morgan, a star of the popular 30 Rock sitcom series and 4-time host of VH1’s Hip-Hop Honors, was more than grateful to New York’s Fire Department for their efforts in saving his home.

 

“A fire broke out in my Manhattan apartment this morning, apparently with a lamp attached to my fish tank,” Morgan explained in a prepared statement. “The sprinklers promptly activated and the NYFD came by to make sure it was contained. Fortunately, the fire did not spread and no one in the building was injured, even the fish are okay. My thanks to the New York Fire Department for their quick action.”

 

Reportedly, Morgan’s fish tank is large enough to contain exotic animals such as sharks, and the tank’s massive size likely is the source for the light’s electrical shortage

Related Stories