Photo via Empire’s Instagram
According to TMZ, a friend of the Jackson family is suing Terrence Howard, Lee Daniels, “Empire” and others, claiming the hit show is a carbon copy of his film about his life as a “gangster, pimp and drug dealer.”
Ron Newt, who describes himself as a “known ghetto player” claims he met with Terrence at the Four Seasons hotel a while back and they discussed Ron’s documentary, “Bigger than Big.” Ron says Terrence connected to it, and said he wanted to play him in the film. When “Empire” debuted to huge ratings, Ron claimed the similarities are more than suspicious.
– “Empire” … 4 drug dealers killed. “Bigger than Big” script: 4 drug dealers were killed.
– “Empire” … Lucious shot his long-time friend. BTB: Prince shoots his friend.
– “Empire” has a round table. BTB: Round table!
– “Empire” … Cookie goes to jail for drugs. BTB: China Doll goes to jail for drugs.
– “Empire” … Cookie is released from prison. BTB: China Doll released from the big house.
– “Empire” … Cookie with hat. BTB: China Doll with hat.
Well it seems like Newt wants billions for this “Empire” lawsuit!