RZA and Mustafa Shaikh’s 36 Chambers collaborated with the Asian Art Museum last night to release the Emperors’ Treasures capsule collection.
This collaboration marks the first time the museum has collaborated with a fashion line. In celebration of the new line, 36 Chambers and the Asian Art Museum hosted an evening filled with fashion, music, art and insightful dialogue.
The 36 Chambers Emperors’ Treasures capsule collection was inspired by a visit RZA and Mustafa Shaikh took to view the Chinese art exhibit, Emperors’ Treasure in 2016.
“The Asian Art Museum has given us an informative glimpse into the vast history and culture of Asian life. Since our company is primarily inspired by Asian culture, the exhibit intrigued us to design a line that was truly indicative of an Asian lifestyle," RZA told AllHipHop.com.
Select Price points from the Emperors’ Treasures collection are:
• Emperors’ Treasures Souvenir Jacket: The outside of the souvenir jacket features a detailed embroidered Buddha guardian. The liner is printed with the Heart Sutra. ($250.00).
• C/O Asian Art Museum Jacket: This denim jacket features hand-sewn beads inspired by a sculpture of a Buddhist deity in the museum’s collection. ($225.00).
• Upcycled Denim Shirt: This line of vintage upcycled denim shirts will be individually painted by Guangzhou artist ZhiHong Liang at the 36 Chambers museum event using different imagery from ancient Chinese art. Each shirt is one-of-a-kind. ($150.00).
• Wu Seal Shirt: The “Wu-Tang” Seal was created by artist Lu-Kesi for this event in the style of traditional Chinese seals. ($45.00).
• Emperors’ Treasures Black Wallet: The wallet features five different seals created by artist Lu-Kesi for this event in the style of traditional Chinese seals. Each seals says Wu-Tang or 36 Chambers. ($50.00).
• Wu Seal Hat: Description. The hat features five different seals created by artist Lu-Kesi for this event in the style of traditional Chinese seals. Each seals says Wu-Tang or 36 Chambers. ($40.00).