Three Questions With Aha Gazelle

Yohance Kyles (@HUEYmixwitRILEY)

Get more familiar with the New Orleans-raised performer and Lecrae collaborator.

(AllHipHop Features) After first recognizing his gifts as an artist at the age of 15, Aha Gazelle is currently introducing himself to a nationwide audience as an opener on Lecrae’s “All Things Work Together” Tour. The rapper/songwriter/producer born William Fields Jr. has also been building a firm following with his Trilliam mixtape series.

The third installment in the New Orleans native’s collection is set to hit digital platforms on November 3. Listeners can expect the new tape to be another artistic expression of Aha’s personal motivation.

“Every song that I create is an extension of something I've been through or currently going through,” says Gazelle. “I have to tell a story, provoke a thought or some type of emotion. Let's say money is 30% of life. What happens during the other 70%? I have to shed light on that as well.”

The former Grambling State University undergraduate is also a student of his hometown’s rap legends, listing Lil Wayne and Jay Electronica as his Hip Hop icons. His time at Louisiana's GSU also provided Aha with a training grounds to handle tough crowds.

Boston, Denver, and San Francisco are the next cities to experience the “All Things Work Together” Tour with Aha Gazelle. Before the 6’6” tall performer presents his Southern hospitality at those upcoming stops, get more familiar with him in AllHipHop’s “Three Questions” interview.

[ALSO READ: Three Questions With Ye Ali]

AllHipHop: How will Trilliam 3 be different from the previous editions?

Aha Gazelle: Trilliam 3 is the climax. No more subliminal jabs or sugarcoating. Everything is out in the open for everyone to witness. At the end of the project, you'll know where I stand on certain things without question. It's also, in my opinion, the most emotional.

AllHipHop: Better TV series: Naruto or Dragon Ball Z**?**

Aha Gazelle: [laughs] Dragon Ball Z easily. I love Naruto, but growing up on Dragon Ball Z comes with childhood memories I'll always cherish.

AllHipHop: If you could only listen to three albums by a Louisiana Hip Hop artist for the rest of your life, which albums would you pick?

Aha Gazelle: Dang tough… but the rest of my life, umm... all from Wayne. I'd say Carter 2, Carter 3, and No Ceilings.

[ALSO READ: Three Questions With Nate Nixen]

Stream Aha Gazelle’s music on Apple Music, Spotify, Tidal, and SoundCloud.

Follow Aha Gazelle on Twitter @ahagazelle and Instagram @ahagazelle.