You have to love the code of ethics that some rappers abide by. If you don't, you are subject to go batty. Cam'ron is of the streets in a way that I clearly cannot relate to. When he informed 60 Minutes that he adheres to a strict diet of no snitching, I knew a new level of ignorance was about to be displayed. And Killa Cam did not disappoint.
He told 60 Minutes' Anderson Cooper that even if he discovered that he had a serial killer for a neighbor, he would not tell the fuzz that a ravenous murderer lived in his midst. At worst, he'd relocate.
But Cam isn't just somebody that talks the talk, he lives it. When he
was in Washington, D.C., he was shot several times while cruising in his
Lamborghini. He frustrated the hell out of area police by refusing to
help them arrest the assailant. On other occasions, Cam's refusal of
police cooperation creed has been muddier. At a basketball event at Harlems Rucker Park
New York, Cam met with police, but his level of cooperation is mostly
These days, aiding police in ANY crime (rape, murder, maiming, killing
newborns) is the moral equivalent to snitching, says the 60 Minutes
report. Since Cam'ron has been beefing with 50 Cent, I decided to write
"21 Questions" and situations in order to test the strength of the
Harlemite's "No snitching" policy.
1. Would you talk to the police if somebody in the hood killed your one of
your immediate family members (mother, father)?
2. Would the cops get a call from one Cameron Giles if his son was
3. If you knew of a plot to destroy the entire planet Earth by space
aliens, would there be a call placed from a certain leader of Dipset to
4. Captain America was recently killed off...couldn't Cam have given him a
warning before the sniper bullet hit?
5. Speaking of snipers, if Cam'ron was reared in the 60s and knew of the
COINTELPRO plot to destroy Black leaders...couldn't the Nation get some
6. James Earl Ray's spilling his guts? No action? You know the killers of Biggie, Pac, Big L, Jam Master Jay, Scott La Rock, Jimmy Hoffa, Ren, Stimpy and others...can you speak up?
7. Capo Jim Jones gets all of the master's of his new album stolen, which
contains a hit bigger than "We Fly High (Ballllllin!)" and you know the only
way to get it back is through the cops...?
8. Okay, lets try this a bit differently. If you knew a band of diseased
monkeys were hiding out, would you tell authorities where they were so
they couldn't spread their infectious disease to more humans?
9. Would you use a snitch to find information on a crime against you even
though you hate snitches? Police do this a lot!
10. If a female bit off your Johnson and hid it, would you tell the cops who
did it to get it back? (No homo x 1,000, pause and all that.)
11. Your son has been kidnapped and the kidnappers have a special request in
order for him to be returned safely. They simply want you to "tell" on
them. What do you do, even though they refuse money?
12. You catch Jeffery Dahmer with a human hand in his hand...911 on the
13. If a man raped his daughter, wife or mother on 125th in Harlem and was
going to go on vacation, because nobody would IDd him... would you
14. If you could anonymously snitch on the world's biggest drug dealer for
$1 billion dollars, would you?
15. Would you snitch on Osama Bin Laden if he lived in Apt. 4E with his
16. A doctor is performing surgery while drunk and causes somebody to have
permanent watermelon-sized head, and you know he had a 40 ounce before
17. You know of a filthy, low down snitch that is going to snitch on you for
a murder you didn't commit. Do you snitch on the snitch to clear your
18. The Ku Klux Klan decide its time to reinstate slavery and they start with
whipping you like a slave, Roots-style, do you just take it or take it
to the police?
19. You can become a national hero if you reveal _______ orchestrated the
September 11th terror attacks if you just drop a big dime. Can the
government get change?
20. Would you tell if somebody stole every dollar you owned and swiped your pricey
21. If 50 Cent had a plot to destroy your illustrious, highly profitable and
successful recording career, would you...nevermind!
Illseed is AllHipHop.com's resident cultural critic even though nobody on staff will co-sign him. Write him 21 questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.