(AllHipHop News) 21 Savage is looking to help teach teenagers about money management. The Epic Records artist connected with Get Schooled to present the "Bank Account" initiative.
“My biggest record to date is called 'Bank Account.' It’s ironic because growing up in Atlanta, I knew almost nothing about bank accounts,” said 21. “Now that I do have money in my bank account, I want to help kids with a background similar to mine to get smart about their money.”
The campaign features a digital badge and Savages’ money tips for aspiring moguls. Twenty-one young people between the ages of 14-19 will get the chance to receive $1,000 from the rapper's Leading by Example Foundation in order to start their own bank account.
“Members of the Get Schooled community who have graduated from high school consistently tell us that money issues are the #1 reason why their aspirations to earn a college degree derail,” said Marie Groark, Executive Director of Get Schooled. "We are excited to partner with 21 Savage, whose authentic voice on this issue along with his incredible reach can have a meaningful impact on tens of thousands of young people.”
Interested participants can enter for the opportunity to earn a bank account and $1,000 deposit by completing the 21 Savage/Get Schooled badge and answering one of two prompts:
- Having a clear picture of where you are and where you want to be financially can help you establish financial goals. How would winning $1K help you make progress on your financial goals?
- Financial freedom doesn’t just happen; you have to plan for it. How would you use an investment of $50,000 to fund your future?
The "21 Savage Bank Account" badge centers around educating teens on managing their money, building their savings, and spending responsibly. Upon completion, the young people will be eligible to cash in points for items from the Get Schooled reward store.
The badge includes:
- 21 Savages’ 10 money tips for young moguls – 21 Savage’s best money management tips
- What’s up with all these banking fees – break down of the kinds of fees banks charge and how to avoid them
- Knock it off – a look at generic vs brand name shopping
- How to open a bank account – step by step guide to opening an account
- What types of banking accounts are there – crash course in the various types of accounts students can open
- Apps to help you make and stick to a budget – we give students a list of the best mobile apps to help them manage their money
- How to make a budget - this interactive tool walks students through creating a budget
- Power of the swipe: debit vs. credit – give students a crash course in the difference between debit and credit and how to use both
- I want it but do I need it – tips to help students evaluate when to buy and when to window shop only
- 21 Savage PSA - a direct message from 21 Savage on why learning how to manage your money is key to your future success