G-Unit's 50 Cent appeared in court to issue official statements
for a civil suit, stemming from an incident with New York Post photographer
James Alcorn, who claimed that 50’s entourage assaulted him last year.
Alcorn is reportedly suing 50, born Curtis Jackson for $21 million,
alleging that the rapper appointed seven unidentified men to physically attack
Alcorn said he suffered “severe and serious injuries,
mental shock, and psychological trauma” as a result of the alleged attack,
which occurred back in August 2003.
50 gave his formal deposition last Thursday (Dec. 16) in Manhattan.
According to an attorney for 50, the Queens-bred rapper testified that he was
not associated with the accused security guards.
50 said his manager hired the guards through Violator Management,
which also handles the careers of Missy Elliot, Clipse, Busta Rhymes, Capone
and Nore, Lil Scrappy and others.
Civil-rights attorney Sandford Rubenstein, Alcorn’s lawyer
in the civil suit, said he believed 50 was guilty by association and should
shell out a significant amount of dough for his connection to the bodyguards,
even though he wasn’t directly involved.
Alcorn was reportedly standing outside a store where 50 and
several of his bodyguards had just purchased an $18,000 watch in Manhattan's
50’s bodyguards allegedly attacked the photographer after
he took a picture, according to Alcorn’s accounts.
He claimed a member of 50's security detail, who was wearing
a cast, knocked him into one of two Chevy Suburban's that were parked in front
of the store.
Alcorn said the bodyguards weighed about 350 pounds each. He
said the men pulled him away from the car, dropped him back in the street and