50 Cent Opens Up About Long Island House Fire
Months after his Long Island home was destroyed by fire, rapper 50 Cent is speaking out on the circumstances leading up to the blaze.
During an upcoming interview with Access Hollywoods TV One Access, the G-Unit frontman revealed his home went up in flames, just days after his ex-girlfriend Shaniqua Tompkins was ordered to leave the residence.
The courts told her she had to leave, 50 Cent told TV One Access correspondent Quddus. Its kind of more like, If I cant have you, you cant have it. When asked if Tompkins set the fire in response to the order, the rapper declined to specifically name the single mother and deliberately became vague.
Well, I dont want to say that dont try to make me say something I dont want to say, 50 Cent stated. But the circumstances to it might seem that way.
The TV One Access interview is the latest development in the aftermath of the homes destruction, which occurred in May.
According to reports, Tompkins and 50 Cents son, Marquis, were among the six people taken to a hospital and later released, after suffering smoke inhalation following the incident.
In a lawsuit filed earlier this year against the rapper, Tompkins claimed the rap star had promised her a house more than a decade ago.
A war of words resulted from the suit as Tompkins lawyer Paul Catsandonis alluded to an extremely dangerous incident between the parties in question in his Manhattan office, just days before the fire.
Catsandonis further noted that 50 Cent signed an agreement that would give Tompkins half of all his earnings as a Hip-Hop superstar.
Everything thats his is hers, everything thats hers is his. He memorialized in an e-mail that he intended to give her the house, the attorney told the Associated Press.
TV One Access interview with 50 Cent is scheduled to air in its entirety at 7 p.m. on January 4.