A recording studio
the Black Eyed Peas were working in went up in flames, after the group allegedly
lit candles to create a mood while recording material for their new album.
the group was recording material for their upcoming album Monkey Business
inside the Glenwood Place Studios. The candles sparked the blaze around 3:00
Members of the
group were in another part of the facility eating dinner during a break when
they learned of the fire.
Despite their attempts
to extinguish the fire, the studio sustained an estimated $50,000 worth of damages.
The group escaped
with a tape of their recordings and some burnt guitars. "Guitars, drums,
drum-kits, keyboards, microphones, classic instruments that we've collected
with our worldly travels are now destroyed," will.i.am told local TV station
the building (and) even tried using fire extinguishers prior to our arrival,
but it was too late for fire extinguishers,” said Captain Ron Bell. “But
they did a good job."
Due to the Pea’s
efforts, only about 20 percent of the studio was affected. The studio remained
open and continued other recording sessions. The group is expected to continue
recording at the facility.