(AllHipHop News) Converse and Vince Staples teamed up for their first capsule collection. The collaboration applies motifs from the Long Beach rapper's Big Fish Theory album onto Chuck 70 sneakers (classic high top and oxford styles) as well as Converse Essentials apparel.
“If you’re not really paying that much attention, you won’t know the difference. But [the Chuck is] something that a lot of people use to be able to assimilate into any room they’re going into – every type of person," says Staples.
Orange is the key colorway of the capsule as a nod to the goldfish on the Big Fish Theory cover art. Both the Hi and Ox Chuck 70s are built out with an aquarium sockliner, Big Fish Theory graphic outsole, and “Vince Staples” embroidered on the medial collar. The Chuck 70 Hi also includes a “Big Fish” screen print.
A 3D printed “SEA” graphic appears on the heel as a tribute to Staples’ signature brand and Beats 1 podcast Section Eight Arthouse Broadcast System. On the Essentials hoodie, the “SEA” graphic is centered on the back.
Converse x Vince Staples Product Details and Pricing:
Chuck 70 Hi
Chuck 70 Ox
Vintage Canvas Upper
- Asymmetrical “Big Fish” screen printing on tongue of Hi
- “Vince Staples” tonal embroidery on medial collar
- Translucent outsole with “Big Fish” graphic
- Raised “sea” print on heel stay
Converse x Vince Staples
Essentials Pull Over Hoodie
Color: Orange, Black and White
- Egret contrast stitching
- “Sea” print on center back
- Adjustable hood with rubber tip draw cord for personalized coverage
- Ribbed cuffs and hem for a secure fit
- Unique jock tag exclusive to the Converse Essentials collection