(AllHipHop News) The Netflix docuseries Rapture is getting an accompanying music soundtrack. Def Jam Recordings and Mass Appeal Records are releasing a project with contributions from Nas, T.I., G-Eazy, Dave East, 2 Chainz, Logic, Rapsody, Killer Mike, and A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie.
Those artists also starred in episodes of Rapture. Besides sharing credits for the streaming show, the emcees also appear together on respective songs for the 6-track EP due out on May 18.
"As my labelmate and one of the wittiest, dopest rappers out there, doing ‘State Of Emergency’ with 2 Chainz was a blast," said Logic. “The fact that we are both featured in the Rapture doc is even better. His episode is absolutely one of my favorites.”
The Maryland-raised rhymer worked with Chainz on the project's closer. Other efforts include collaborations by Dave East & A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie, T.I. & Rapsody, Dave East & Nas, and Killer Mike & 2 Chainz.
"The Rapture experience was dope. It was cool to see it go from concept to a show on Netflix telling my story my way," stated Chainz. "Always great to connect with my ATL fam Killer Mike on music, especially for the Rapture project."
- "Let Me Work" – G-Eazy (prod. By Just Blaze)
- "Gold Digger" – Dave East featuring A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie
- "Care To Say About It" – T.I. featuring Rapsody
- "NYCHA" – Dave East featuring Nas
- "Black Power. White Powder." – Killer Mike & 2 Chainz
- "State of Emergency" – Logic featuring 2 Chainz