(AllHipHop News) Detroit rapper Eminem is getting involved with hurricane relief efforts for Texas, by lining up his celebrity friends to auction off their rarest sneakers.
Em is one of the owners of a platform called StockX, which bills itself as the world’s first online “stock market of things” for high-demand consumer products.
Eminem has linked celebrity pals to raise money, so Pharrell, LeBron James, Mark Wahlberg, Snoop Dogg, Virgil Abloh, DJ Skee, Steve Aoki, 2 Chainz, Don C, Jon Buscemi, Karlie Kloss, Gary Vaynerchuk, Stadium Goods, Emily Oberg, Russell Wilson, and Steph Curry have all donated sneakers to help victims of Hurricane Harvey in Texas, and Hurricane Irma in Florida.
Fans will be able to make $10 donations and will be entered into a drawing, where 17 people will win a pair of sneaks from the celebs listed above, or Eminem himself, who has also donated a pair for charity.
“As we watched the tragic events unfold in Florida and Texas, we wanted to leverage our position as a leading marketplace for luxury consumer goods, to turn luxury items into true necessities,” said Josh Luber, CEO, and Co-Founder of StockX. “We’re also fortunate to have some famous friends – friends who immediately and unequivocally stepped up to help – and capped by Eminem’s generous decision to match, we are poised to raise a significant amount of money for hurricane relief.”
Eminem's Marshall Mathers Foundation will also match the first $250,000 in donations.
The proceeds raised from donations will directly benefit the Greater Houston Community Foundation Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund (GHCF) and Team Rubicon in support of hurricane response efforts.
To get involved and donate check out the link below.
- Eminem donated: Air Jordan 4 Eminem x Carhartt, box signed
- Pharrell donated: Adidas Pharrell HU NMD Pink (Friends & Family)
- LeBron James donated: LeBron 9 “Watch The Throne”
- Mark Wahlberg donated: Jordan Formula 23 “Wahlburgers PE,” box signed
- Karlie Kloss donated: Adidas Futurecraft 4D, 073/300
- Virgil Abloh donated: Nike Blazer Mid x Off-White, The Ten
- Snoop Dogg donated: Adidas Originals Superstar “Bush” with box (Friends & Family)
- 2 Chainz donated: Ewing Athletics 33 Hi “2 Chainz,” unreleased PE colorway, signed
- Russell Wilson donated: Nike Alpha Menace cleats, signed
- Steph Curry donated: Under Armour Curry 3 Low “Obamas,” with display case
- Steve Aoki donated: Two pairs of Adidas worn during his 2016 Summer Tour, signed
- Don C donated: Air Jordan 2 Just Don “Beach” set, with hat and pin, box signed
- Jon Buscemi donated: Air Jordan 10 Yellow Deerskin sample
- Gary Vaynerchuk donated: K-Swiss Classic 88 Horween Leather, signed
- Emily Oberg donated: Adidas NMD “Pitch Black” Friends & Family
- Stadium Goods donated: Air Jordan “Do The Right Thing” pack, signed by Spike Lee
- DJ Skee donated: Nike Air Max 90 Vikings Edition, signed by Stefon Diggs, Harrison Smith, Brian Robinson, Jeremiah Sirles, Jarius Wright, Jerrick Mckinnon and Kyle Rudolph of the Minnesota Vikings.