(AllHipHop News) The iconic rapper previously performed at the annual music event in 2013 and before that led the line-up back in 2001.
He’s set to play once again in August.
Melvin Benn, one of the festival’s organizers, says it’s “beyond exciting” that the “Without Me” hitmaker will be playing once again.
A host of other newly-announced artists have also been added to the bill.
“His 2013 headline performance was incredible and I can’t want to have him back,” Melvin said in a statement. “In addition to our third and final headliner – joining Kasabian and Muse – we’ve announced over 70 additional acts to this year’s line-up – it’s looking stronger than ever.”
Eminem fans have flocked to Twitter to share their delight at the news, with one gushing, “Eminem is headlining reading I can’t even get over this,” while another posted, “Might have to grab a Saturday ticket to reading (sic)…Eminem has changed it for me.”
Other acts to join the festival include U.S. group Haim, You Me At Six, Halsey, Charli XCX and Migos.
The latest additions come after the event was called out by fans for not featuring enough female musicians.
Initially only one woman appeared on the bill alongside 57 men.
Sixteen of the acts joining the festival on Friday feature at least one woman, however there’s still a huge amount of men on the bill, with 80 out of the 97 performers left made up of men, the BBC reports.