(AllHipHop News) Rapper Meek Mill will remain behind bars after his bail was denied again on Monday (April 2).
The "Dreams and Nightmares" hitmaker was sentenced to serve two to four years in prison in November of 2017 for violating the terms of his probation relating to a 2008 firearms case.
Meek, real name Robert Williams, has been challenging the controversial ruling by Judge Genece Brinkley ever since.
According to Charles Peruto Jr., the lawyer who represents Judge Brinkley, she will release Meek Mill because she has an "open mind."
"The judge has an open mind if they present evidence that the whole case was made up and that it's terrible she'll throw it out but they haven't done that so far," said Charles Peruto Jr.
Prosecutors cited the "strong showing of likelihood" that Meek's old conviction will be reversed in court paperwork while explaining their decision, but Judge Genece Brinkley, who Williams' lawyers have been trying to have removed from the case, was not swayed by their arguments and denied bail on Monday.
So it's not clear what evidence the rapper could present to the Judge, who also refused to recuse herself from the case yesterday. According to Meek's lawyers, the Judge's actions have resulted in serious violations of the rap star's Constitutional right to a fair trial, and more.
"This isn't really just a violation of Civil Rights, it's now at a point where it's a violation of Human Rights," said Meek's attorney Brian McMonagle. "We're praying that the Supreme Court will intervene and bring Meek home."
Williams' lawyers are still appealing to the Pennsylvania Supreme Court to have him released.