(AllHipHop News) Kxng Crooked has a lot to say about the current state of affairs in the world. The Long Beach spitter will speak about social and political issues on his forthcoming album Good Vs Evil 2: The Red Empire.
"When I first started creating Good Vs Evil I wondered how I would get my audience to listen to a project covering social injustice, racism, classism etc. in a climate where most rappers are making music about poppin' Xanax and drinking lean,” says Crooked in a statement. “My immediate afterthought was who gives a f-ck what other artists are doing, Hip Hop needs this album!"
He continues, "Look at the world today. We have a president whose ex-wife is on record saying she was raped by him. We have police officers who are on film killing unarmed citizens with no consequences. We have entire cities like Flint, MI drinking poisonous water. Good Vs Evil 2 is just as necessary as part one. From the production to the content to the music sequencing to the artwork everything is designed to provoke thought. And the sh-t slaps too!”
The 14-track LP features fellow Slaughterhouse member Royce da 5'9” as well as Styles P, Emanny, Jai, and Jay Townsend. GvEII is being described as theme music for Colin Kapernick's knelling protest movement against police brutality and racial injustice.
“There are a few messages I wanted the artwork to communicate. One is the thin line between good and evil. Sometimes there's light in villains and darkness in heroes," states Crooked. "I also added a figure that may be a bit controversial and that's the widely accepted image of Jesus Christ. No shot at Christians, but that particular image of Christ symbolizes death, slavery and colonization to many. Most American slave masters and the Klu Klux Klan members hang that image on their walls and truly believe themselves to be Christians."
The COB label CEO adds, "I'm trying to open doors to taboo conversations. And lastly, the Trump figure is 'Red Hood,' the album's new enemy of justice being inducted into the Tyrants club and kneeling like the football players for what he believes in; hatred and division.”
Good Vs Evil 2: The Red Empire Tracklist
- "Wake Up Show Intro" f/ Sway & King Tech
- "The MAGA Continues" (Produced By Lavish)
- "Red Hood's Plot (Hahahaha)" (Produced By Lavish)
- "GiveUDatHammer" (Produced By Aktive)
- "Revolution Come" f/ Jai (Produced By Snaz)
- "Truth (Why You Mad)" f/ Royce da 5'9”(Produced By C-Wash)
- "Shoot Back 2 (Dear Officer)" (Produced By Jay Wash)
- "Adderall Addicts" (Produced By C-Wash)
- "Cowboy Bebop" (Produced By Illeagle)
- "Thug Poetry" f/ Jay Townsend (Produced By Snaz)
- "City Lights" (Produced By ENG)
- "Brainwashed Ni666a" (Produced By Audio Jones)
- "Stand" f/ Styles P & Emanny (Produced By Lavish)
- "Mace Windu" (Produced By MR Authentic)