Miguel Issues Statement Addressing Sexual Misconduct Allegations
Yohance Kyles (@HUEYmixwitRILEY)
(AllHipHop News) Miguel is another high-profile man that has faced allegations of sexual misconduct. In an Instagram post from March, a woman named Xian Bass accused the Grammy winner of assaulting her at the Tenants of The Tree nightspot in Los Angeles.
Bass wrote on IG (in part):
I used to be a fan of your music. I was a fan of your music until you blatantly disrespected my body in a public place. There is nothing I did or said that warranted this disgusting display of entitlement, rape culture, and male privilege. I approached you respectfully and you still decided my body was not sacred enough to be treated as a human being. After we took this photo, you took it upon yourself to grab my breast and remove it from my shirt WITHOUT CONSENT. You then proceeded to look at my naked breast with such a disgusting look on your face. It's still embedded in my memory.
Spin reports the Barstow, California police department confirmed Bass filed a claim against Miguel Pimentel on March 14. In addition, the publication got confirmation from an LAPD officer that he investigated a sexual assault/harassment allegation involving Miguel and the University of New Mexico student.
Bass claimed a detective told her more accusers must come forward before any action could be taken against Miguel. As of press time, no other women have implicated the singer.
Miguel first addressed Bass' accusations in March when he told TMZ, "People are really looking for attention in the wrong ways." His publicist also issued a new statement to Spin:
I felt I had already addressed how bizarre and twisted this accusation was when I was asked about it in March. Her story of what transpired is not accurate and the accusation is unfair and unwarranted.
Miguel released his fourth studio album, War & Leisure, on December 1. The LP debuted at #9 on the Billboard 200 chart with 40,000 units in its first week.