(AllHipHop News) Netflix is set to release the Nina Simone documentary What Happened, Miss Simone? at the end of the month.The 16-track cover album Nina Revisited: A Tribute to Nina Simone will accompany the film. The musical project includes Ms. Lauryn Hill's rendition of Simone's "Feeling Good."
[ALSO READ: EXCLUSIVE: Ms. Lauryn Hill, A$AP Rocky, Raekwon, Ghostface, The Roots & More To Play ONE Musicfest 2015]
"Because I fed on this music, both hers and lovers like her, like my basic food, I believed I always had a right to have a voice," Hill told Rolling Stone in a statement. "Her example is clearly a form of sustenance to a generation needing to find theirs. What a gift."
The former Fugees member provided a total of six songs for the album. Mary J. Blige, Usher, Common, Jazmine Sullivan, and Simone's daughter Lisa have contributed tunes as well. Hill also serves as producer of Nina Revisited along with Robert Glasper.
Nina Revisited: A Tribute to Nina Simone will be released July 10th. What Happened, Miss Simone? is scheduled to premiere on Netflix on June 26.
Check out the tracklist for Nina Revisited and listen to Ms. Lauryn Hill's cover of Nina Simone's "Feeling Good" below.
1. Lisa Simone - "Nobody's Fault but Mine (Intro)"
2. Ms. Lauryn Hill - "Feeling Good"
3. Ms. Lauryn Hill - "I've Got Life" - Ms. Lauryn Hill
4. Ms. Lauryn Hill - "Ne Me Quitte Pas" - Ms. Lauryn Hill
5. Jazmine Sullivan "Baltimore"
6. Grace - "Love Me or Leave Me"
7. Usher - "My Baby Just Cares For Me"
8. Mary J. Blige - "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood"
9. Gregory Porter - "Sinnerman"
10. Common & Lalah Hathaway - "YG&B"
11. Alice Smith - "I Put A Spell On You"
12. Lisa Simone - "I Want A Little Sugar In My Bowl"
13. Ms. Lauryn Hill - "Black Is The Color Of My True Love's Hair"
14. Ms. Lauryn Hill - "Wild Is The Wind"
15. Ms. Lauryn Hill - "African Mailman"
16. Nina Simone - "I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel To Be Free"