(AllHipHop News) R. Kelly appeared before an Illinois judge today, for a court hearing after he was indicted on 10 felony counts of sex abuse.
Prosecutors in Chicago filed the charges against R. Kelly on Friday, and obtained a no-bond warrant for his arrest.
The singer surrendered last evening, where he was booked and his mug shot was taken.
Today, a judge set R. Kelly's bail at $1 million and the singer must post $100,000 or 10% to be released.
If he does post some money today, he must surrender his passport and cannot have contact with anyone under 18.
State Attorney Kim Foxx detailed the accusations during a press conference shortly after the news was announced.
Foxx said three of the alleged victims, who were only identified by their initials, were underage at the time of the reported encounters, which took place between 1998 and 2010, with nine of the aggravated criminal sexual abuse counts relating to those supposed incidents.
The 10th charge stems from Kelly’s alleged interaction with a woman in 2003, when he is said to have ejaculated on the female “during a course of an underlying felony of attempted criminal sexual assault.”
R. Kelly has previously maintained his innocence amid decades of sexual misconduct claims, which hit headlines again in January following the broadcast of damning docuseries Surviving R. Kelly.
The show chronicled the long-running accusations made against the 52-year-old star, and also examined rumors suggesting he had been holding girls and young women captive at properties in Chicago and Atlanta, Georgia as part of a purported sex cult – accusations his attorneys have repeatedly denied.
It’s not the first time Kelly has faced criminal charges – he was found not guilty of 14 counts of child pornography in 2008, following the 2002 release of a sex tape showing the singer urinating on a female who was allegedly underage.