(AllHipHop News) Wu-Tang Clan member RZA and the 36 Chambers fashion brand announce a new collaboration with San Francisco's Asian Art Museum. The different parties are uniting for the Emperors’ Treasures capsule collection.
"The Asian Art Museum has given us an informative glimpse into the vast history and culture of Asian life," says RZA. "Since our company is primarily inspired by Asian culture, the exhibit intrigued us to design a line that was truly indicative of an Asian lifestyle.”
36 Chambers creative director Mustafa Shaikh adds, “We came to this partnership through our appreciation of the Emperors’ Treasures collection. Naturally, we felt it was only right that the first place we presented our collection is where we were first inspired: the Asian Art Museum.”
In celebration of the new line, 36 Chambers and the Asian Art Museum are hosting an event on September 21 highlighting fashion, music, and art. RZA will engage in a conversation with Jeff Chang of Stanford’s Institute for Diversity in the Arts as well.
Attendees will be treated to a special premiere of a track from DJ Mathematics's new Wu-Tang: The Saga Continues album due out on October 13 as well as a performance from MVMNT Studio dancers. The Emperors’ Treasures collection will also be made public at a 36 Chambers pop-up shop located in the museum's store.
"Our collection spans 6,000 years, countless cultures, and has inspired generations of artists – including the stylish folks from 36 Chambers," states Asian Art Museum director Jay Xu. "We are delighted that they found creative new ways to share their passion for Asian art through the universal language of fashion."
Select Price points from the Emperors’ Treasures collection:
• Emperors’ Treasures Souvenir Jacket: The outside of the souvenir jacket features a detailed embroidered Buddha guardian. The liner is printed with the Heart Sutra. ($250.00).
• C/O Asian Art Museum Jacket: This denim jacket features hand-sewn beads inspired by a sculpture of a Buddhist deity in the museum’s collection. ($225.00).
• Upcycled Denim Shirt: This line of vintage upcycled denim shirts will be individually painted by Guangzhou artist ZhiHong Liang at the 36 Chambers museum event using different imagery from ancient Chinese art. Each shirt is one-of-a-kind. ($150.00).
• Wu Seal Shirt: The “Wu-Tang” Seal was created by artist Lu-Kesi for this event in the style of traditional Chinese seals. ($45.00).
• Emperors’ Treasures Black Wallet: The wallet features five different seals created by artist Lu-Kesi for this event in the style of traditional Chinese seals. Each seals says Wu-Tang or 36 Chambers. ($50.00).
• Wu Seal Hat: Description. The hat features five different seals created by artist Lu-Kesi for this event in the style of traditional Chinese seals. Each seals says Wu-Tang or 36 Chambers. ($40.00).