Shyne Claims He Never Spoke To Diddy

AllHipHop Staff

Incarcerated rapper Shyne has completely refuted Sean "Diddy" Combs' claims that he and the Bad Boy mogul had a conversation.

Shyne issued a stern statement via his lawyer.

“My client wants to make it very clear that no such conversation between Mr. Combs and he ever occurred,” said Oscar Michelen, Shyne’s attorney in a statement.

Shyne told his counsel, “I want it known that this supposed conversation is a figment of Sean Combs’ imagination. He never spoke with me, he never visited me nor would I ever accept a phone call or visit from him. The only way I would do either of those things would be if he stepped up and did the right thing for the victims of the incident.”

Michelen also countered saying that Shyne, who has been jailed for nine years, never mentioned the alleged conversation in their conversations.

“I was very surprised to hear Mr. Combs’ claims about talking with my client since I speak to Shyne all the time and he never mentioned anything about it, said Michelen. “Knowing how he feels about Mr. Combs I know that it would have been very strange for Shyne to have spoken with him and not told anyone."

In an interview on Hot 97 with DJ Absolut, Diddy said, "It's a blessing that [Shyne is] coming home. I spoke with him a couple weeks ago. He sounded like he was in good spirits. I know he can't wait to get home. And I know he's definitely gonna heat the whole scene up. He's definitely gonna do it, you know what I'm saying, he definitely was one of the most talented young artists that I had the pleasure to work with so I'm quite sure he's been using his time wisely and I'm quite sure he has some heat."

Presently, Shyne, resides in Federal immigration detention until a judge decides if the Belize-bore rapper can still remain in the United States. He is jailed for an infamous 1999 Club New York shooting that had ties to both Diddy and then-girlfriend Jennifer Lopez.

Shyne has legally changed his name to Moses Levi.

A civil lawsuit surrounding the shooting is pending in Brooklyn Supreme Court.