(AllHipHop News) UnitedMasters, the platform that provides an alternative for independent artists in the music industry, is extending its digital reach by launching a new iOS application for mobile devices. The app is now available for download from the Apple Store.
“How music is created and distributed has changed drastically. What was once done in recording studios and record labels is now done in bedrooms, tour buses, and on-the-go," says Lauren Wirtzer-Seawood, UnitedMasters President. “UnitedMasters is creating the framework for what future iterations of the music industry can look like. Providing artists with the ability to easily distribute their music, no matter where they are, is an important step in that direction.”
The UnitedMasters App will allow artists to:
- Easily release music onto all major streaming services including Spotify, Apple, Tidal, YouTube, and more.
- Upload music and artwork files from text messages, Dropbox, or iCloud.
- See which songs are trending and where they’re being playlisted.
- Submit tracks for placement with some of the world’s biggest brands including the NBA, iHeart, Bose, and more and expand their reach to an audience of 5 billion+ fans.
- Track earnings and receive fast monthly payments through PayPal.
- Gain free access to extras like YouTube Content ID and SoundCloud Monetization.
- Connect Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, SoundCloud, and Facebook accounts to track social growth.
“The goal of UnitedMasters is to help artists operationalize independence and own their future. The app puts all of that freedom and control in the palm of their hand," adds UnitedMasters CEO Steve Stoute. "Our team has worked hard to create a product that is fast and easy to use so that a new generation of artists can grow and advance their careers straight from their phone.”
Stoute founded UnitedMasters in 2017 with a $70 million Series A financing led by Google’s parent corporation Alphabet Inc. as well as venture firm Andreessen Horowitz and entertainment juggernaut 21st Century Fox. The company's team is comprised of executives, marketers, engineers, and storytellers with backgrounds from YouTube, Instagram, Soundcloud, Pandora, Facebook, Dropbox, Complex, and Vice.
UnitedMasters currently works with 16-year-old internet sensation NLE Choppa. The Memphis rapper earned his first platinum plaque for "Shotta Flow" in 2019. Fellow teenage UnitedMasters partner Lil Tecca hit the Top 40 on the Hot 100 chart with his breakout single "Ransom."