Suge Knight Given Must-Go Date For Murder Trial
(AllHipHop News) Scheduling the start of the trial for January 8, Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Ronald S. Coen told Knight that was a “must-go date”.
Asking Knight, who maintains he acted in self-defense, if the date worked for him and his legal team, the rap boss said, “That’s great”.
The fallen rap mogul, who has hired and fired a succession of lawyers while in custody, was also told the date would remain, even if he switched around his legal team again.
“This is in stone,” Coen said, before asking Knight, who was hospitalized last month with blood clots, how he was feeling.
“Much better,” Knight responded.
Next year’s trial is expected to last a month.
Terry Carter’s daughter, Nekaya, tells the Los Angeles Times she’s glad there is a start date, stating, “It’s far away, but it’s a step. We need this trial to move forward.”
A pretrial hearing in the case is set for May 18.