(AllHipHop News) Embattled rap mogul Marion "Suge" Knight's felony robbery case has been postponed until after his murder trial next year (2017).
The Death Row Records co-founder has been behind bars for more than a year while he awaits trial on charges of murder, attempted murder and hit-and-run following a dispute in Compton, California in January, 2015, when he struck and killed his friend Terry Carter and injured actor Cle Sloan as he tried to race away from the scene.
Meanwhile, he has also been ordered to stand trial for a robbery relating to a 2014 altercation with a paparazzo.
The troubled star and comedian Katt Williams stand accused of attempting to snatch Leslie Redden's camera during an incident outside a recording studio in Beverly Hills, California in 2014, days after Knight was shot at a party.
They were each slapped with a charge of felony robbery, while Knight also allegedly made criminal threats against the woman during the reported attack.
They have both pleaded not guilty.
The robbery case has been delayed multiple times as Knight struggled with health complications as a result of the shooting incident, and earlier this year (16), his legal team requested the case be postponed until after his murder trial, which is scheduled to begin in February (16). On Tuesday (August 30), the request was granted.
"We agreed it (the robbery case) will trail and be tried after the murder trial," Knight's lawyer Thaddeus Culpepper said following the hearing. "It's so he doesn't have to be transferred back and forth as much, which can lead to (health) problems."
The 51-year-old has pleaded not guilty in the murder case, insisting he acted in self-defense.
"He's feeling better and just wants to prove his innocence," Culpepper told the New York Daily News.