(AllHipHop Rumors) Robert Glasper is one of the most respected musicians in music, especially when it comes to Hip-Hop, Jazz and Soul music. He is also a very cool, grounded dude. Dude did an interview with 97.9 that is really shaking things up in the music and rumor world. But, he is really believable and credible, so this is like a bunch of daggers being thrown Lauryn Hill's way. I am not sure how she is going to dodge this one! You really gotta see the video, but here are the Cliff Notes.
* He said that she is/was rude to her band
* Forces people to call her Ms. Hill and people cannot look her directly in the eye.
* He says she did not write the songs on the classic album Miseducation of Lauryn Hill
* Says she cannot write music or even tune her own guitar
* Says she is unable to make another classic album because she didn't do it the first time
Check it out.
The truth is, these allegations and rumors have been around for a very, very long time. In fact, L-Boogie lost a lawsuit with musicians in the early 2000's that spoke to this. I heard that she cannot play her songs at the normal speed in live shows, because of the lawsuit. This is why - if you have heard her live - the songs tend to be hard to recognize from the originals. This comes at a very interesting time. The 20th anniversary of The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill is coming up on August 25 and Robert Glasper has really helped to further deteriorate the allure of Lauryn Hill. The sad thing is, it is very hard to refute...it lines up with the rumors that persist.