50 Cent Meets With Investigators Over Fire

Hip-Hop star 50 Cent have revealed that the rapper has met with Suffolk County authorities yesterday (August 22).

 

Representatives for 50 Cent released a statement denying recent reports that he is using a smokescreen of lawyers to avoid cooperating in an investigation of a suspicious fire, which burnt his Dix Hills, Long Island mansion to the ground.

 

Citing unnamed sources, The New York Post claimed that rap star was stonewalling the investigation and had refused to talk with authorities about the blaze, which burned the multimillion dollar mansion to the ground in less than 45 minutes.

 

The house was at the center of a legal dispute between 50 Cent and his ex-girlfriend Shaniqua Tompkins.

 

Both Tompkins and 50 Cent’s 11-year-old son Marquise were inside sleeping when the house caught on fire in the early morning hours of May 31.

 

“50 and his attorneys met yesterday with Suffolk County authorities regarding the fire that destroyed 50’s house,” representatives for the rapper told TMZ.com in a statement. “The meeting had been arranged weeks ago. 50 is eager to review the findings of the investigation, when it is concluded.”

 

The mansion has also resulted in a pair of multi-million dollar lawsuits filed by both Tompkins and 50 Cent.

 

Tompkins and her lawyer claim that 50 Cent threatened them during a violent altercation in a Manhattan officer, where a meeting was held over ownership of the mansion.

 

“I fought back, and this is what he is trying to do, kill me and his own child,” Tompkins fumed to the media just days after the blaze. “He threatened me. He told me he would have someone come do something to me. He said, I will have someone come kill you, and that is what he did.”

 

Days after the inferno and Tompkins‘ comments to reporters, a video clip of an irate 50 Cent leaving Tompkins’ Manhattan’s lawyers office also hit the Internet.

 

Tompkins filed a $50 million lawsuit and filed a restraining order against 50 Cent, born Curtis Jackson.

 

In June, 50 Cent’s lawyers responded with a $20 million defamation lawsuit against Tompkins and sought a permanent injunction against Tompkins, to prevent her from “republishing, repeating, distributing, and otherwise disseminating the defamatory statements and the accusations that plaintiff was involved in burning down the home or attempting to kill family members, including his son.”

 

The investigation into the fire is ongoing.

Related Stories