Ice Cube Is Making Plans For New “Friday” Movie According To John Witherspoon

(AllHipHop News) Ice Cube is planning another Friday movie, according to his big screen dad John Witherspoon.

The actor/comedian met the rapper at an airport earlier this month and Cube told him he was developing a fourth film in the cult franchise.

“We’re gonna meet next week and get things together,” Witherspoon said during a radio interview in Florida.

The first “Friday” movie, which also co-starred Chris Tucker and Nia Long, aired in 1995.

A sequel, “Next Friday,” came out in 2000, and the Christmas-themed “Friday After Next” followed in 2002.

“Ride Along” star Ice Cube, who co-wrote the “Friday” movies, first talked about a new sequel last year, revealing “Last Friday” would only work if he came up with the right story.

“Can’t do ‘Last Friday’ unless we can do it right,” he said. “Ball is in (studio) New Line Cinema’s hands. Bat is in mine.”

He also dismissed rumours suggesting his son, actor O’Shea Jackson, Jr., and comedian DC Young Fly would be taking over the lead roles in a new “Friday” film, after images of the pair were posted on Facebook.

Sharing a snapshot of the post, he declared: “This is fake. My son doesn’t have a Facebook account. Can’t mess with a classic.”

Back in 2014, Cube claimed the long-gestating project had stalled at New Line.

In a Reddit question and answer session, he wrote, “The next ‘Friday’ movie is caught up in development hell at New Line Cinema. Pray that we get it outta there.”

Related Stories