When you think of Los Angeles, many things come to mind. People like Tupac, movies like Boyz N Da Hood, and maybe even the Hollywood sign come to thought. Yet, over the last few years- you could even add FX Network’s Snowfall to the list of things that are reminiscent of LA. No place seems to epitomize the “gangsta” lifestyle more than Los Angeles. The character Skully, played by actor De’Aundre Bonds embodies the true “LA Outlaw.”
De’Aundre Bonds is quite a prolific actor. As Skully – he masterfully displays his acting chops. He’s very convincing in this role- so believable. Yet, could this gangster portrayal just be him channeling his real-life persona?
Born and raised in South Central, Bonds was the oldest of six children. With Hollywood in his backyard, he knew at an early age he wanted to become an actor. A chance meeting on Hollywood Blvd would jump-start his career.
We’ve all watched De’Aundre play captivating roles throughout the years. His career spans over two decades. From his first movie, Tales From The Hood -to his role as Stacey in The Wood, he has given so much. With each role, he reels us in. Yet, there’s still so much to know about this mystical figure.
Here are five things you didn’t know about the incomparable Bonds- De’Aundre Bonds that is.
- As a kid- Bonds sold candy in Hollywood to earn a living. While hustling candy- he met a casting director who ultimately helped him land his first role.
- De’Aundre was hand-picked for the role of Skully on Snowfall by the show’s creator, John Singleton.
- He initially met John Singleton while filming a scene for The Wood.
- Bonds was also hand-selected by Denzel Washington to play alongside Derek Luke in Antwone Fisher. He was unable to fulfill the movie due to legal troubles.
- De’Aundre’s least favorite role was Dre in the movie Lockdown.
Allhiphop’s Seleah Simone sat down to chat with De’aundre Bonds as he further divulged details surrounding his career, working on the hit show Snowfall and so much more in an exclusive interview. Check it out below.
View this post on Instagram