(AllHipHop News) Police in Charlotte, North Carolina are hoping a pair of salvaged cell phones will help crack a shooting that disrupted CIAA weekend late last month.
The police in Charlotte are trying to determine who squeezed off 100 rounds from high-caliber automatic weapons in the middle of the day on February 25 on a downtown street, just 30 minutes before the tipoff of the championship game.
According to cops, houses, businesses, and other cars were hit in the discharge of gunfire, which was supposedly aimed at rapper Young Dolph.
The cops seized a GMC Yukon and a van at the scene, which a judge just approved for forensic searching earlier this week.
The Yukon that police retrieved carried a laptop and two cell phones, which are now being analyzed. Cops are also running forensics on the bullet-riddled van, which was also left behind at the crash scene.
Arriving officers also found two other heavily damaged SUVs nearby, in addition to blood splattered around one of the vehicles.
While the cops have declined to affirm if Young Dolph was the intended target, representatives for the rapper confirmed he was in the crosshairs of the gunmen, but his life was spared because he allegedly outfitted his vehicles in $600,000 worth of bulletproof armor.
“Knowledge is power, however, and the unidentified gunman clearly didn’t know Dolph spent over $600,000 on bulletproof armor for his trucks,” a rep for the rapper said.
Many speculate the shooting stemmed from an ongoing feud with fellow Memphis rapper Yo Gotti.
In the weeks leading up to CIAA, Young Dolph dropped a diss record called “Play Wit Yo B####” while Yo Gotti replied in kind, with his record “Don’t Beef Wit Me.”
Also, prior to the episode, Young Dolph addressed what may or may not happen, should the two men cross each other, specifically at CIAA.
“I’m gonna tell you what’s gonna turn this whole thing. If he apologizes,” the rapper said.
Otherwise, Young Dolph warned Yo Gotti to “stay out of his way.”