Hip-Hop mogul Sean “Diddy” Combs has been cleared by the Manhattan D.A. for an alleged assault inside a trendy New York night club last month.
Investigators were investigating Combs for allegedly assaulting Steven Acevedo in the early morning on October 13 at exclusive Upstairs nightclub.
Combs was accused of striking Acevedo in the face with a one-two combination, leaving him with a bloody nose.
Acevedo also claimed Combs bodyguard motioned as if he was pulling a gun during the brawl.
“I’ve been informed by the Manhattan District Attorney’s office that after a thorough investigation, they have made a decision not to authorize any arrests in connection with the incident involving Mr. Combs and Steven Acevedo on October 13,” Combs attorney Benjamin Brafman said. “I want to commend the D.A.’s office and the New York City Police Department for conducting a thorough and very fair investigation into this incident and not allowing this private disagreement between two acquaintances to turn into a criminal charge.”
Combs himself denied any wrong doing and said the incident was blown out of proportion.
“It was something that was just totally overblown. I don’t fight over girls!” Diddy told Access Hollywood. “I got into an argument. I am a human being.”