Today marks what would have been the 40th birthday of Brooklyn’s late, great Notorious B.I.G. Biggie’s life was cut too short too fast, but you have to admit, he did party like a rock star while he was with us.
He also left beyond some classics that always get the house rocking, especially on birthdays. Here is AllHipHop.com’s rundown of “Notorious B.I.G.’s Top 5 Tributes to the Good Life”:
1) “JUICY”: Biggie laments on his impoverished childhood, then remembers, ‘Wait, I’m rich now!’
“Birthdays was the worst days/ Now we drink champagne when we thirsty…”:
2) “PARTY AND BULLSHIT”: This is an anthem for ‘hood boys gone wild, and we all know Biggie had major love for his Brooklyn streets.
“Loungin’ black, smokin’ sacks up in Acs/ and Sidekicks with my sidekicks rockin’ fly kicks…”
3) “HYPNOTIZE”: At just 24, Biggie was already embracing his grown and sexy on this upbeat winner from Life After Death.
“Poppa been smooth since days of Underoos/ Never lose, never choose to…”
4) “SKY’S THE LIMIT”: Just check the lyrics – Biggie seemed super thankful here, and he had a lot to celebrate before his untimely passing in 1997.
“I like this young man. When he came out, he went from ashy to classy…”:
5) “F*CKING YOU TONIGHT” – Ever the mack, B.I.G. knew that no night of partying should end up with your homies still around.
“Skip the wine and the candlelight/ No Cristal tonight/ If it’s alright with you/ We f*ckin’ (that’s cool)…“
Happy birthday and R.I.P. to The Notorious B.I.G.! (May 21, 1972 – March 9, 1997) Tell us your favorites in the comment section!