(AllHipHop News) Chicago rapper King Louie is being sued for hiring a woman to attack a female associate on film in order to “promote himself as a rap artist.”
Jazmine Berry claims that the Epic Records recording artist invited her to his home in June for breakfast. Berry says another women, Josephine Conley, then arrived at the home after Berry was already there.
Berry’s suit states that King Louie (born Louis Johnson) and Conley falsely accused her of stealing a pair of Marc Jacobs sunglasses. Conley then began punching her in the head, pulling her hair, grabbing her by the neck, and throwing her to the floor. She alleges the entire incident was filmed for the purpose of gaining attention for Louie online.
Berry says two other unidentified people were present and were laughing in the background. Neither witnesses present attempted to break up the fight.
Individuals can also be heard yelling “DJ Nate” in the video. An assault and robbery of Nathan “DJ Nate” Clark was videotaped and uploaded online last month.
“You just gonna let her do this to me?” Berry could be heard asking in the video.
A male voice responds, “I don’t know what ya’ll got going on. She said you took something from her.”
Louie shared the video on his verified Twitter account with the hashtag #marcjacobsbandit.
— King Louie (@KingL) June 29, 2013
Berry claims she and Louie were longtime friends but had never met Conley prior to that day. She is suing both Johnson and Conley in Cook County Court in Illinois.
Berry is seeking more than $1 million in damages for battery, conspiracy, emotional distress, and defamation. Epic Records was not named in the suit.
Video of the incident is located below. The clip contains violence and may not be suitable for young viewers.