AllHipHop.com News  

Remy Ma’s Alleged Shooting Victim Sues For $80 Mil

remyma4

Rapper Remy Ma has been slapped with an $80 million civil suit filed Wednesday (Jan. 9) from a former friend that maintains the artist shot her.

 

The suit comes one day before Remy Ma was to appear in court for pretrial proceedings, according to a report in the Village Voice.

 

Makeda Barnes-Joseph charges that Remy shot her twice in the abdomen on July 14, for allegedly stealing $2,000.

 

Universal Music Group and Sure Shot Recordings are are also named in the suit for helping cultivate Remy’s image.

 

Joseph’s attorney Lauren P. Raysor issued a statement to the Voice, which said, “Only by pursuing those who we believe are legally responsible for this vicious and callous act of violence, can we hope to put an end to this senseless cycle of violence that is glorified by Hip-Hop marketing.”

 

The wounds Joseph sustained from the shooting have resulted in three surgeries and frequent hospital visits.

 

Remy Ma’s lawyer said that the suit shows Joseph’s true motivation. Remy’s attorney Ivan Fischer told reporter Chloé A. Hilliard, “It strikes me that this is part of a publicity stunt. The claims she makes are inaccurate. She reaches into every conceivable deep pocket…It’s grossly irresponsible.”

 

This suit is an upgrade from a similar suit levied last month in the sum of $20 million.

 

Remy Ma has proclaimed in innocence in the shooting case.

blog comments powered by Disqus

AllHipHop Archives of Culture

Copyright © 1998 to Infinity, AllHipHop.com, Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited. Powered by WordPress.com VIP

AllHipHop.com Today