Stars Were Told In Advance To Stay Away From Ja Rule’s Fyre Festival

(AllHipHop News) Acts including Migos and Major Lazer were told to stay away from the disastrous Fyre Festival, a new lawsuit brought against its organizers alleges.

The Bahamas-based festival, billed as a lavish event where fans could mingle with the stars, was abandoned in chaos last month after festival goers arrived to discover luxury accommodation was non-existent and infrastructure was incomplete.

The new complaint, filed in Manhattan federal court on Tuesday by attendees Sean Daly and Edward Ivey, is the seventh brought against festival organizers Billy McFarland and Ja Rule.

It alleges that McFarland and Ja Rule were aware the festival was unlikely to go ahead as planned and told performers not to fly in, but neglected to inform ticket holders.

The lawsuit reads, “When Defendants (McFarland, Ja Rule, and Mcfarland’s company Fyre Media) became aware before the start of the festival that it would not actually happen, they notified the scheduled performers and certain festival employees not to fly out for the event.”

In addition to Migos and Major Lazer, other acts signed up to perform at the event included Tyga, Pusha T, Desiigner and Blink-182.

Blink-182 pulled out of the event at short notice stating they were, “Not confident that we would have what we need to give you the quality of performances we always give fans.”

Daly and Ivey’s lawsuit also alleges organizers kept inviting attendees to spend money on VIP packages and to add funds to cashless payment accounts after it became clear the event would not go ahead.

Their lawyers claim McFarland and Ja Rule’s actions are a violation of New York state business law.

Related Stories