(AllHipHop News) George Zimmerman is still seeking an opponent for his upcoming boxing match and is open to all challengers, despite reports that rapper Game has been ruled out as a potential candidate to fight the acquitted murderer.
In July of 2013, George Zimmerman was acquitted of murdering 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in a controversial case that included issues involving racial identity, gun-rights and civil rights, during a trial that captured the nation’s attention.
Last week, George Zimmerman agreed to a celebrity boxing match on March 1.
So far, rappers Game and DMX have stated that they would be willing to scrap with Zimmerman.
Game appeared on TMZ Live and said that over 4,700 people had applied to fight Zimmerman and that he was ruled out because Zimmerman feared his 6’5 height and 240 pound weight.
But according to Damon Feldman, the promoter of the event who has 55 celebrity boxing matches under his belt via his Celebrity Boxing Federation (CBF), George Zimmerman believes Game is the best opponent.
“He [George Zimmerman] is open to any challengers that make sense, but he is training hard and he said ‘Game is the perfect opponent,'” Damon Feldman told AllHipHop.com in an exclusive interview.
DMX told TMZ.com that he would step in the ring with George Zimmerman on behalf of black people and then he would “p### on him, right in his muthaf**kin face.”
Feldman told AllHipHop.com that Zimmerman has definitely signed his contract, but so far, despite the bravado and boasting from both Game and DMX, neither has officially signed any document binding them to the boxing match.
“Zimmerman is signed now,” Feldman told AllHipHop.com. “If anyone still wants the shot at it, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.”